income taxes

free tax preparation

need your taxes prepared?

The VITA program has operated for over 50 years. Our VITA site offers our community free income  tax  preparation  for both your federal and state tax returns. We transmit the returns to both the federal and the state taxing authority completely free of charge.

do you qualify?


Our organization partners with the IRS’ Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program to offer free income tax preparation. In order to qualify for the free service, you must either:

  • Generally make $57,000 or less;
  • Be a person with disabilities;
  • Be a non-English speaker;
  • Have limited English-speaking skills

what do i need?

the documents you need

valid photo identification

This means your ID cannot be expired.
A driver's license or a valid for taxpayer and spouse.Birth dates for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents

social security card

Social Security cards for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents. Photocopies are unacceptable
An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for those who do not have a Social Security number. Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN

electronic filing

To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
We will not file your returns electronically until both are present to sign.

healthcare Coverage

If insurance was purchased at the healthcare marketplace.
Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received. Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements

Tax Earnings Documents

Forms W-2, 1099- NEC, 1099-INT, 1099-MISC, SSA- 1099, etc.
Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers and other payers Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099).Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable

Bank information

Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit, such as a blank check
The taxpayer must have signatory authority on the account

Childcare Expenses

To claim childcare expenses you need documentation
Total amount paid for daycare services and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number

Prior Year's Tax Returns

A copy of last year’s federal and state tax returns, if available

Other Tax Documents

If you have a Schedule C business or rental property, please bring income and expense documents with totals for the year.

questions? call or email us

we are here to help / Nosotros estamos aqui para usted