Learn how to manage your money.
Our financial coaches will meet with you one-on-one. Due to our concern for your safety and that of our coaches, you will meet virtually with your coach.
Your financial coaching is offered in either English or Spanish. Your coach will be with you to guide you as you learn to how to manage money and achieve true financial freedom!
free income tax preparation
Virtual VITA IS BACK
Due to the coronavirus concerns, we will not be allowed to prepare income tax returns onsite. Instead we will be offering free income tax preparation online.
- Read the “What to Upload”
- Then, click “Begin”
- Next, click on “Get Started”.
- Then, select “File taxes with help”.
- Next, click “continue”.
- Next, select the years you need to file and click “continue”.
- Next, read the questions and if they don’t apply, click “continue”.
- Then, on the next screen, click “continue”.
- Then, answer the questions and click “continue”.
- You will have a series of questions. You will need a valid telephone number and email address.
- Then, you will be sent a code, so you may upload your documents.
- You will be contacted by one of our volunteers for additional questions.
- Your return will then be assigned for preparation.
What to Upload
- Photo of current identification;
- For Married Filing Joint, both spouses must be uploaded;
- Selfie/Photo of you holding your valid ID. If married, both have to have selfie with IDs;
- Photo of original Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number documents for you, your spouse, and dependents;
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN;
- A copy of last year’s tax return;
- Photos of all Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099 Form 1095-A (Marketplace Health Insurance)
- Information for other income;
- Information for all deductions/credits;
- Total paid to daycare provider and their tax ID number;
- For direct deposit of refund, proof of account number;
- For prior year returns, copies of income transcripts from IRS (if Form W-2 not available)
(NOTE: NOT EVERYONE WILL HAVE ALL OF THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS. ONLY BRING THOSE THAT APPLY TO YOU.)
Updates about what is happening with this tax season will be posted in our posts.